The Law Enforcement Ride to Remember includes fully-supported 55- and 30-mile bike rides taking place on Saturday, October 12. The ride will start and finish at the National Harbor in Oxon Hill, MD. Ride start time is 7:15 AM, beginning at the National Plaza.
View Larger Map
View Larger Map
The Ride & Run to Remember is designed to celebrate and bring awareness to the role of law enforcement in our communities. Net proceeds benefit the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Law enforcement officers support us every day and every 57 hours an officer makes the ultimate sacrifice. This event is your chance to say thank you and support them in return.
Packet Pick Up
Packet pick up and incentive distribution for the Ride & Run to Remember will be hosted at First Trinity Lutheran Church, 501 4th ST NW, Washington DC 20001. It is a half block from the Judiciary Square metro station on the Metrorail’s Red Line.
- Thursday, October 10 (10:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- Friday, October 11 (10:00 am - 6:00 pm)
- Saturday, October 12 (12:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
The most convenient parking for Riders is in the Fleet Street Garage located at Fleet Street and Potomac Passage.
Rates (subject to change):
- 0-1 hour: $3
- 1-2 hours: $5
- 2-4 hours: $9
- 4-12 hours: $11
- 8pm to 3am Flat Rate: $11
For your convenience, we reserved a block of rooms at the Aloft Washington National Harbor, 156 Waterfront St, National Harbor, MD 20745—only steps away from the Ride to Remember start and finish line for the 30 and 55-milers. Rooms for Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 have been reserved for Ride & Run guests at $129 per night plus tax. This rate is guaranteed until September 10, 2013. For a hotel reservation, call the Aloft toll free at 1-888-625-4954 or reserve online.
As you prepare for the 55- or 30-mile ride, make sure to take advantage of our free training ride being offered in partnership with Spokes Etc. RSVP to attend a training ride today.
- September 29 - 2:30 pm at Spokes Etc., Alexandria store on Belle View Blvd
- Helmets must be worn and strapped on at all times during the Ride.
- Headphones, cell phones, cameras are prohibited while riding.
- Communicate. Whether passing, slowing or encountering a hazard, be sure to communicate to other riders.
RULES of the ROAD
- Obey all traffic laws, including stopping at red lights and stop signs
- Stay right
- Look and signal before you move
- Share the road do not ride more than two across
- There are four pit stops on the 55-mile course and two pit stops on the 30-mile course. Each is equipped with water, sports drinks, snacks, portalets and staffed by first aid and bike tech personnel.
- Know your limit and do not over exert yourself. If you are unable to finish, we will transport you back to National Harbor. On course, signal for assistance by stepping off the road, getting off your bike and giving a Bike Marshal or Sweep Vehicle the “thumbs down” sign.